Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Vampire Diaries Songs: Music From Season 4, Episode 19

Caroline and Damon at Prom in Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 19: “Pictures of You”

We love a Vampire Diaries dance as much as the next fan, but we were especially looking forward to the prom in Season 4, Episode 19: “Pictures of You.” Though the event didn’t go off exactly as planned (it’s never fun almost getting killed by your best friend, is it Bonnie?), the ep certainly brought some amazing tunes! As always, the Prom King crown goes to TVD’s music mastermind, Chris Mollere.

Song: “Whispers”
Artist: Dave Baxter
Music Moment: Bonnie dreams about visiting Jeremy’s grave in the opening scene
Lyrics:
This one comes and this one goes / So here we are across the road / In whispers, in whispers / You say let it go, let it go home / Taking all our time we rode / Through the town where we grew old / Our stories and pictures / Oh we let them go, let them go home / Oh I have seen your beauty grow / Where all this fades, you shine in gold / Our love will be legend if we let it go, let it go home

Get it here

Song: “Bottled Up Tight”
Artist: Luke Sital-Singh
Music Moment: Stefan and Damon pick Elena up for the prom
Lyrics:
I may be loose, I'm not a canbon / But I can be quiet saying my name / There are the weight, where is the balance / Maybe everyone's to blame / My heart and my mind have been with me always / But not long enough to keep them in line / I know that my mind has both good and bad days / But my heart wins every time / I feel the fire / I see a flame set me a light / Bring me desire bottled up tight / Like caging the ocean / Dousing my sun, drown out the sky / Bring me emotion, bottled up tight

Get it on iTunes

Song: “Pictures of You”
Artist: Elizabeth Harper & The Matinee
Music Moment: Stefan, Damon, and Elena arrive to prom, only to see a slideshow of old photos
Lyrics:
I've been looking so long at these pictures of you / That I almost believe that they're real / I've been living so long with my pictures of you / That I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel / Remembering you standing quiet in the rain / As I ran to your heart to be near / And we kissed as the sky fell in holding you close / How I always held close in your fear / Remembering you running soft through the night / You were bigger and brighter than the snow / And screamed at the make-believe, screamed at the sky / And you finally found all your courage to let it all go

Get it on Amazon

Song: “Desert Song”
Artist: Hot as Sun
Music Moment: Everyone has arrived to prom and is dancing

Get it on iTunes

Song: “Stay”
Artist: Rihanna (feat. Mikky Ekko)
Music Moment: Stefan dances with Elena at the prom, trying to get her to remember her old feelings
Lyrics:
All along it was a fever / A cold sweat hot-headed believer / I threw my hands in the air said show me something / He said, if you dare come a little closer / Round and around and around and around we go / Ohhh ohhh now tell me now tell me now tell me now you know / Not really sure how to feel about it / Something in the way you move / Makes me feel like I can't live without you / It takes me all the way / I want you to stay

Get it on iTunes

Song: ”Remember”
Artist: Kari Kimmel
Music Moment: Caroline and Stefan dance as they talk about Elena
Lyrics:
Come closer / Breathe deeper / Just take it in / Make love to each other / Over and over again / If it's all I can take / I'll remember it all, remember it all / If it's all I can take / I'll remember it all, remember it all / One moment imprinted inside my mind / Could there be more to this love / Or will it be left behind?

Get it on iTunes

Song: ”Lights”
Artist: Josh Ritter
Music Moment: Rebekah asks Matt to dance with her; Caroline complains to Damon about the prom
Lyrics:
I cannot recall when I've felt like this / It's been a long, old time if I ever did / So if I act strange, I'm hoping you'll forgive / I've got your light / I've got your light in my eyes / On some distant moon I lie on my back / For a glimpse of blue 'fore it's gone to black / It used to be like this, now it's not like that / I've got your light / I've got your light in my eyes

Get it on iTunes

Song: “Song For Zula”
Artist: Phosphorescent
Music Moment: Silas (pretending to be Stefan) talks to Damon and stabs him
Lyrics:
Some say love is a burning thing / That it makes a fiery ring / Oh but I know love as a fading thing / Just as fickle as a feather in a stream / See, honey, I saw love / You see, it came to me / It put its face up to my face so I could see / Yeah, then I saw love disfigure me / Into something I am not recognizing / See, the cage, it called. I said, "Come on in" / I will not open myself up this way again / Nor lay my face to the soil, nor my teeth to the sand / I will not lay like this for days now upon end / You will not see me fall, nor see me struggle to stand / To be acknowledge by some touch from his gnarled hands

Get it on iTunes

Song: “You Send Me”
Artist: Sam Cooke
Music Moment: Tyler and Caroline dance
Lyrics:
Darling, you send me / I know you send me / Darling, you send me / Honest, you do, honest, you do / Honest, you do / Ohh, you thrill me / I know you, you, you thrill me / Darling, you, you, you thrill me / Honest, you do / At first I thought it was infatuation / But, oh, it's lasted so long / Now I find myself wanting / To marry you and take you home / Ohh, you, you, you send me / I know you send me / I know you send me / Honest, you do

Get it on iTunes

Source: Chris Mollere’s Twitter; TuneFind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment