Monday, April 15, 2013

Exclusive : Aaron Jay Rome talks about being Damon's BFF & getting bitten by Klaus

Aaron Jay Rome on TVD episode 4.16

For any viewers who thought that Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) had no friends prior to moving back to Mystic Falls, guess again. He did in fact have a wing-man way before he became drinking buddies with Alaric Saltzman: Will (played by Aaron Jay Rome)! Although Damon ended up ripping the poor guy’s heart out (literally speaking of course) in The Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 16, it was nice to see that he had an amicable bromance with at least one other fellow.

We caught up with Aaron (who not only is a gifted actor but a talented artist as well) to chat about what it was like living it up in the 1970s with Damon (in “Because the Night“) and receiving a poisonous hybrid bite from Klaus (who attacked Will in order to protect Hayley). Dive into the entertaining interview with the Hollywood up and comer below!

Alloy Entertainment: How did you hear about this part? Did you ever audition for another TVD role?
Aaron Jay Rome: I got the audition from my agent to put on tape. And yes, I auditioned for a guy fighting with his girlfriend in his trailer then dying, earlier last year.

Alloy Entertainment: Are you a fan of the show? (I read through your live chat tweets and you have a good idea about what’s happening!) If so, who is your favorite character?
Aaron Jay Rome: I hadn’t seen more than a few minutes here and there, a couple of friends were obsessed (naturally.) So once I got the audition I started watching. Then once I booked the role, I wikipedia-ed and Netflix-ed as much of the seasons as I could. I would say Damon is my favorite, just because my character was friends with him.

Alloy Entertainment: What was it like shooting scenes with both Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan?
Aaron Jay Rome: Fortunately, both of them were very friendly and made me feel right at home. Actually, everybody on the set was amazing.

Alloy Entertainment: Which scene was more fun to shoot – the one where Damon yanks out your heart or when Klaus bites you?
Aaron Jay Rome: Well, I’ve always wanted to be a superhero (in fact, I have “Superhero.” tattooed on my back), so getting to “vamp out” was pretty exciting. The Klaus scene would have to win simply for the superhuman aspect.

Alloy Entertainment: Your character was running an NYC bar in the 1970s. If you (as Will) could whip up a special drink, what would it be called and what secret ingredient would you use?Aaron Jay Rome: I’m pretty sure I’d just make Bloody Marys all day just to be ironic. That extra ‘irony’ taste? REAL HUMAN BLOOD.

Alloy Entertainment: What do you think Will did with all those stolen IDs? Were there any funny set moments from either episode?
Aaron Jay Rome: I’m guessing he made one of those collage images, made up of a bunch of pictures, probably of dead Kennedy’s or misfits.

Alloy Entertainment: Who are your three favorite vampires of all time?
Aaron Jay Rome: Michael Corvin, from the Underworld series, cause he’s such a badass. Then I’d say, Louis de Pointe du Lac, from Interview with the Vampire, then Damon has to slide in there based on recent experiences.

Alloy Entertainment: Will we be seeing Will at any point again? What’s next on your agenda in terms of projects?
Aaron Jay Rome: Unfortunately, [Will] won’t return in season 4. However, I’m crossing my fingers for a bit more of Will’s back-story in TVD Season 5, or The Originals. Soon I start working on Bonnie and Clyde: Dead and Alive, causing mayhem with Emile Hirsch and Holliday Grainger, and my own TV show called Wet In New Orleans, (or WINO) which we’ll be pitching around Hollywood later this year. A few teasers for that can be found on YouTube under www.youtube.com/wetinneworleans. I also just shot a very interesting role for a horror called 2 bedroom 1 bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment