Friday, May 17, 2013

The Vampire Diaries Songs: Music From the Season 4 Finale

Elena and Caroline in The Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 23: "Graduation"

Could the Season 4 finale of The Vampire Diaries been any crazier? Klaus professed his love to Caroline! Katherine was forced to the take the cure! Stefan is Silas’s shadow self?!

Of course, “Graduation” wouldn’t nearly be what it was if it wasn’t for the music driving the story along. TVD maestro Chris Mollere did us proud once again!
Song: “You Give Love a Bad Name”
Artist: Bon Jovi
Music Moment: Opening scene; Stefan and Lexi get drunk and dance around the mansion
Lyrics:
Shot through the heart / And you're to blame / Darlin' you give love a bad name / An angel's smile is what you sell / You promise me heaven, then put me through Hell / Chains of love got a hold on me / When passions a prison, you can't break free / Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah / Oh, there's nowhere to run / No one can save me / The damage is done / Shot through the heart / And you're to blame / You give love a bad name / I play my part and you play your game / You give love a bad name
Song: “Dance in the Graveyards”
Artist: Delta Rae
Music Moment: Elena, Jeremy, and Alaric hang out in the graveyard
Lyrics:
When I die / I don’t want to rest in peace / I want to dance in joy / I want to dance in the graveyards, the graveyards / And while I’m alive / I don’t want to be alone / Mourning the ones who came before / I want to dance with them some more / Let’s dance in the graveyards / Gloria, like some other name we kept on calling ya and waiting for change / But I belong to all of your mysteries / And all of us, we’re meant for the fire, but we keep rising up and walking the wires / So when we go below don’t lose us in mourning
Song: “Gone”
Artist: Olivia Broadfield
Music Moment: Everyone arrives at school and graduation begins
And I gave you all I’m sure I can give / But it’s not enough / And I feel it sting / And our roses died / And the neighbors knew / And the house moved on to someone new / And I know you won’t be satisfied / Til the fire inside burns like you once knew / But it’s gone / And I’m leaving / And you’re storm keeps on raging / Yes, I’m gone / And I’m leaving / And you’re storm keeps on raging
Song: “Belong”
Artist: Cary Brothers
Music Moment: Stefan overhears Elena professing her love for Damon
Lyrics:
Wake up lonely with you by my side / One more night it doesn't feel / There are movies playing in your eyes / You dream of our fortunes / But you're wrong / I don't belong to you / The moon is the only friend I have outside / One more drink and I'll be healed / I told you the words and then knew it was a lie / I wish I could offer an appeal / You're wrong / I don't belong / You're wrong / I don't belong to you
Song: “When I Was Younger”
Artist: Liz Lawrence
Music Moment: Stefan packs up to leave; Jeremy tells Bonnie he’s ready to go back to the Other Side
Lyrics:
When I was younger / I told my mother / I said, One day I’m gonna make you proud / Now that I’m older / It’s so much harder to say those words out loud / You’re growing taller / A little smarter / And one day you’re gonna leave home / Oh, will you look like your mother’s father / When you are fully grown / When I was younger / I asked my father / Why are we so human / Now that I’m older / I think I figured it out / We’re just doing what we can
Song: “In the Stream”
Artist: S. Carey
Music Moment: Bonnie says goodbye to Jeremy; Matt tells Rebekah he wants to leave town with her
Lyrics:
I was folded by ferns / You could return, the earth / All to her / Open mouth / Look up now / Fall my failures / To the ground / I know, I know, I know all them / I am wind in the pines / I am a line you can't define / When the dawn breaks / In my love-lock landscapes / I know, I know, I know all them / Be in my vision / My gardener / I’ll be an architect / On window stream / And I’ll be in the stream
Source: Chris Mollere’s Twitter; TuneFind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment