Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vampire Diaries’ Camille Guaty on Whether Shane’s Wife Is an Illusion — Exclusive

Camille Guaty Cast as Caitlin on The Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 13

So even her pretending to be good would probably serve a purpose of his in the end?
Absolutely, and plus I wanted to resurrect my son, and then my husband wanted to resurrect me. So I feel like it's kind of like a chain. If the most powerful one is out, then we all are out.
Are you in the next episode?
I'm not in the next episode.
Are you in any upcoming episodes?
I could be. Everyone's always like, “Well, do you die?” It's like, “I was already dead.” So that's good because you can't kill me.
Did they tell you anything about Shane and Caitlin’s life off screen in the good days?
I think it was for us to create ourselves. We had a very healthy marriage. We were very happy together, and when our son died, it definitely tore us apart, as you can imagine. The death of a child tears any relationship apart, but made me a little crazy because I knew that I had these powers and the ability to bring him back. So while doing that, that took my life. So, yeah, now I'm dead.
What was the cast like?
Everyone was great. I mean these people have been together for so long, and I think it's interesting to come in on this show of all young adults and a hit show and seeing how they work. And they were all fantastic.
And David's new. Is there a comfort in knowing not everyone has been there since day one, four years ago?
Oh, absolutely. I mean, I've been doing this for so long that coming in is always a little bit like being on your first day of school. You keep quiet to yourself, but then by the end of the first episode, you're making jokes with everybody. It's easy. It was a very easy set to come into. Plus, I had worked with some of the wardrobe people before as well, on one of my very first shows that I was on.
Which one?
Raising Dad. It was a sitcom with Bob Saget. So it was really great to be working with her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment