Monday, September 2, 2013

Vampire Diaries Star Ian Somerhalder Admits To Loving On-Screen Relationship With Nina Dobrev

wenn20568959.jpg
They may no longer be a couple off screen, but the new series of The Vampire Diaries will see Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev's characters - Damon and Elena become closer. A Storyline that Ian has admitted to loving.
As the cast and crew continue to film the new season of the show, Ian spoke of what fans will see happen between Damon and Elena after she declared her love for him last season.
Speaking to Digital Spy, Ian commented: "He got the girl, at a great expense. It's gotta be so strange for this guy. He was so in love with Katherine for so many years, working off the naivety of a 23-year-old man."
Somerhalder, who has been linked to the role of Fifty Shades' Christian Grey, continued: "To be in love with this woman who really broke your heart, and then all of a sudden to find a woman who is identical in every way, shape and form, who is 160 years his junior."
Heartthrob Ian Somerhalder at the Teen Choice awards earlier this year (Nikki Nelson/WENN.com)
The actor who is believed to have split from Nina earlier this year, added: "What I love about [their relationship this season] is that it's something the audience has really been wanting to see for a long time.
"But bear in mind that this is The Vampire Diaries, so people being happy for long doesn't exist."
Whilst Ian might be happy with his character's romance with Elena, the actor recently admitted his fears that TVD's spin-off show The Originals could take actors away from the show.
"I'm excited for Julie [Plec], and for Joseph and all my people, but I'm a selfish actor - I'm not a producer on the show, I'm not a writer. My only concern is Damon, and my show,” Digital Spy reports him as saying recently.
“Now, they're going to be taking these characters that mean so much to our show. I'm insanely happy for everyone, but I'm not thrilled. Not that I mind sharing, I just don't want to lose all these amazing actors on our show."
The Originals debuts this October and focuses on the Mikaelson siblings Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah.
Pondering whether the cast on TVD could change, Ian continued to comment: "Who are the other people who are gonna be coming on the show? Are they gonna be good? Because it's The CW, and everyone has to be pretty, and there aren't a lot of pretty people that can act well.
"I'm not joking! I'm one of them, that can act well. Not to sound s**tty about it, but casting is always tough. I feel like they worked so hard on casting this show... and hopefully they just continue to put great actors in."

No comments:

Post a Comment